Saturday, June 11, 2011

summer sweetness!

I love summer time....if for nothing else, because of the variety of local, fresh produce! Summer brings with it my grandmother's bountiful yard - berries (both blue and rasp), squash, okra, tomatoes, and peppers. My mouth is watering! I also love the prices in the stores. Peaches? 10 lbs for $10! Strawberries? $1.98 a pint!

Here's a pic of what we got today! Thank you Grandma!!


This year, I've started a little mini-garden of my own. Aaron built me some planter boxes this spring, and I have filled them with bell peppers and tomato plants. They just started blooming is week, and even though I know it will be much later in the season, I can already taste them!


I will post later about getting these started! Such fun with the little guys around!

No comments:

Post a Comment