Monday, May 30, 2011

bluegrass and babies

Every year on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, the sweetest little bluegrass festival is held in Armuchee, GA. My husband's family has been involved in putting on this festival for over 25 years now. And while I have only been going for the past five or six years, it holds a special place in my heart as well!


Aaron grew up going to this festival (and all around bluegrass) and now our boys are growing up at it as well. Stuff like that just makes my heart smile! :)  We had such a great, family weekend. Sitting around, pickin' (or at least tapping your feet along to the pickin'), snacking, and laughing. The weather was hot, but what sweet memories we made. I hope my boys look back on these festivals as fondly and my husband and I do. 

Here's just a few snapshots of those fond memories collected:

Clint is actually strumming along with the guitar, can you tell?

Elijah is gonna be our little musician

Look at that stud over there....I think I'll go home with him tonight ;)

Clint loves Poppie's pen

The boys with Nonnie and Aunt Candy




No comments:

Post a Comment